Monday, July 25, 2011

A Place Called Blessing

This was a heart wrenching story about a young man who lost his parents and was separated from his brothers. From the very first page my heart was touched to think of a person going through all these things. The first few pages had me hooked and I couldn’t put the book down. I finished it in a few hours. Because it was written so well, I could feel everything the main character was going through. The character went through unimaginable trials and was searching for God through it all. Even though the novel was not a real story, I am sure that there are stories like this one. After reading this book, it made me want to reach out and help some of the kids in foster care. The ending was a surprise and it made the book so much better and much sadder at the same time. This book made me realize how blessed my life is to not have experienced any of the things that the character did. This book led me to a deeper understanding of trials and suffering and how God is there through them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment