Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Get Lost by Dannah Gresh

At first, I got this book because I thought it would totally be one of those cheesy books that give you how tos about the dating world. I was fully expecting to not enjoy the book, but I have got to say I ended up liking it a lot. There is some very practical advice on your approach to finding love. No one has ever put things into perspective for me like this! The author, Dannah Gresh, does an amazing job of addressing the issue of replacing God in your life with that 'ideal' relationship, and I think this is a topic so many girls today are facing - yet no body is willing to take the time to discuss! For me, the book wasn't only speaking about boys, it was referring to anything in my life that consumes my thoughts, or that I've tried to use to fill that 'missing piece' or 'hole' inside me! It could be anything...careers, dreams, goals, accomplishments - doesn't matter! It is only a temporary "fix", replacement, or distraction to the real solution - and that is a relationship with our Heavenly Father! Thank you Dannah for putting into words that spoke so directly to me! I recommend this for all woman and girls! Regardless of if you're married, single, or somewhere in-between! I guarantee it'll change the way you view yourself, as well as your relationships, and pursuit of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment