Sunday, June 28, 2015

Positive Discipline: The First Three Years



At first I thought this book was going to be super pychological and much more philosophical than it was. I definitely didn't expect it to make SO much sense! It seemed like every paragraph had something new that made me stop and think. Sometimes I ended up reading the whole chapter aloud to my husband.

One of my favorite parts of the book was the section they started talking about the terrible toddler years. It helps change your thinking about how kids think and reminds you that they do not have the high functioning brain of an adult yet. And the whole concept that they do not understand the word no... mind-blowing! It will definitely change how I think about the behavior of toddlers in general. And that is perfect because I am expecting twins in a few months. I was so surprised how much I learned even though I thought I knew how to handle children already. Boy, was I wrong! There is still so much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment